10 Most Photogenic Places in the Adirondacks for Fall
The Adirondacks are one of the most beautiful places in the world to visit during fall. There are many options for hikes and waterfalls to see this season, but we’ve narrowed it down to the 10 most photogenic places that you should consider visiting. Take a look at our suggestions below!
- One of the most photogenic places to see is Old Forge. It’s a quaint town with many shops and activities that you can do in the area. The scenic views along Route 28 from Kutcher’s Corners are great for pictures, as well as walking around on Main Street and enjoying an ice cream cone at Kline’s
- Another great place to go is Tupper Lake. They have the perfect combination of attractions for anyone looking for a day trip or weekend getaway in autumn. The list includes fishing, biking, hiking, and shopping at shops like Tappy’s Emporiums and Kathryn’s Sidewalk Cafe downtown!
- One of the most popular waterfalls to visit is in Keene Valley. The hike starts at Judge Stocking Memorial Highway and you can take a leisurely stroll or more difficult climb up for some gorgeous views from various points on your way back down!
- Another waterfall worth visiting this autumn season is Oquaga Creek Falls in Southern Adirondacks. It’s a short walk from Route 29A to the viewing area and is perfect for people who want an easy hike with incredible views!
- The Lake Placid region has many great places to visit, but one of our favorites is Algonquin Outfitters in Wilmington. They’ve been providing first-class athletics and equipment since 1868.
- If you’re looking for a place to go that’s closer to the Capital District, then take some time this fall season to visit New York State’s largest lake! Otter Creek is 14 miles long with campsites along its shores – perfect spots for taking pictures in autumn colors!
- Another great place to go this season is the Champlain Valley. There are many nature walks that you can take, like the one at Audubon Center in Willsboro and Hike Vermont’s Eastham Hill Trail for some breathtaking views of Lake Champlain!
- For a special night out during autumn, visit the Milford Theater in North Creek. It’s a beautifully restored theater that hosts live performances and films all year round, but this time of year you can see their Haunting on Otter Creek Haunted House!
- For an escape from city life, visit The Adirondack Experience at Old Forge Airport. This outdoor museum has many interactive exhibits and activities for people to enjoy as they learn about local history over centuries past!
- Finally, head up north to Stowe Vermont during the fall season for some more beautiful scenery along with the famous leaves near the mountainside. There are plenty of hiking trails nearby like Mount Elmore State Park or Frosty Hollow Trail – both great places to take pictures with spectacular views!
This list includes some of the most photogenic places in the Adirondacks to visit this fall season. Have you been to any? What other sites would you recommend visiting during autumn for great pictures? Let us know below!